How to Date a Dentist
As one of the more unsung heroes of healthcare, it would be difficult to think where we'd be without the steady hand and expertise of our dentists. Anyone suffering from a toothache will certainly attest to that. However, sometimes we take their skills and compassion for granted, meaning that dentists can be wrongly overlooked as one of most eligible professions out there. With that in mind, we've come up with a few suggestions to help those of you who want to date a dentist and get closer to the people who protect our smiles.
- Be inventive about date location and activities: Dentists may have a straight-laced image, but they can be anything from a bookworms to a bungee jumpers or both. Get the vibe from their dating profile, and plan accordingly.
- Smarten up your own dating profile: Upload a flattering photo of yourself and add a little colour to your description so you have a better chance of meeting single dentists online. Be sure to flash those pearly whites in your picture!
- Work out their shift pattern: Dentists might not work the same irregular hours as other medical professionals, but it's still a good idea to find out when their best times are for a date.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to brush your teeth before your date!
Reasons to Date a Dentist
- Dentists usually have good people skills - being around patients all day, they are usually very patient people themselves!
- They're trained and qualified professionals - meaning they're typically responsible and organised people.
- They typically look after themselves health-wise and not just their teeth as you might imagine!
- Dentists may give you a few tips on how to best look after your teeth but bear in mind they won’t want to talk about work all the time!
- They’re usually good at listening – it’s part of their job after all. Yet it goes without saying that you should take an interest in their social life too so that the conversation is not one-sided!
- Dentists are typically punctual and prompt – so they should be on time for their date, provided they are not tied up in surgery!
Dentist Dating Site
When you're a single dentist with a busy career it can feel like you just don't have the time to go on a date. But chances are you may be over-thinking things. As a busy professional the best dating advice is to keep it simple, no-one is suggesting a long weekend away at the start of a relationship. Chances are that your date has a demanding job too, so the best bet is to take advantage of some of these informal date ideas to have fun and get to know each other at your own pace.
- Try a picnic: Providing the weather is dry, this can be a great way of finding out what your date’s favourite foods are, and to learn more about them.
- Take in a film: Going to the cinema is a classic date idea for a reason, just make sure you fit in an after-show drink!
- Retail therapy: Whether you’re browsing or buying, a wander among the shops on a weekday could be a welcome break from braving them at the weekend, and it gives you the time and space talk to each other.
- Food glorious food: There’s no substitute to whisking your date off to a nice restaurant or café. Make sure you both order something you can get your teeth into!
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.