How to meet Cambridge singles
As ancient university cities go, Cambridge is up there with its rival, Oxford, with the amount of rich history and romance between its centuries-old colleges. With a student population nearing 19,000, there is always a plentiful number of Cambridge singles to meet. Dating in Cambridge is inspired by the variety of its venues, sites, and activities. Read our Cambridge dating guide to learn more.
Top Cambridge Dates
When it comes to date ideas, Cambridge is brimming with choice. From crowning spires, classic pubs, and bustling bistros, there’s no need to toss a coin to decide here are our top Cambridge dates to help you on the road to romance.
- Follow in the footsteps of ancient alumni by wondering around the Great Court at Trinity College. It is the ideal place to start soaking in the city's history and architecture
- As with Oxford, one of Cambridge’s more adventurous pastimes is punting. A great place to start is Scudamore’s Punting, here you'll get the opportunity to enjoy a tour of the city at your own pace.
- A great way to take in the city and avoid achy feet is to take a City-Sightseeing bus. The red hop-on, hop-off open top bus stops at 21 places all over the city.
- Meet under the ‘old gas lamp’, and go for a stroll in amongst Parker's Piece. Known as the 'Reality Checkpoint' by the students, it is supposed to mark the point where cosy college life meets the town proper.
- Impress your date: Accompany him or her on a treasure hunt around famous city centre landmarks through an organised tour or make one yourself. In occasional clues, ask each other questions so you find out more about each other.
- To take the pressure off the ‘small talk’, why not go and listen to a band or take in some comedy at the Cambridge Junction? The venue is also a mecca for theatre and dance. And it will give you both plenty to chat about.
Romantic Restaurants in Cambridge
Whether you’re looking for Cambridge University dating or are a local out to meet new people, the city has plenty of places to eat no matter whether you want an intimate date or a more relaxed meeting. Here’s our hand-picked selection of the best romantic restaurants in Cambridge:
- For a date with a touch of class, try the Galleria Restaurant. Located off Magdalene Street, Cambridge daters will love the two balconies overlooking the River Cam.
- Another restaurant with amazing views is the The Varsity Roof Terrace. As its name suggests, the venue offers a stunning panorama of the historic city centre, not to mention a delicious 28-day aged fillet steak!
- We're sure singles in Cambridge will love the Missing Sock. This quirky venue may not offer intimate romance, but it certainly offers a great atmosphere and tasty food.
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.