Online Dating Tips & Advice
Often, one of the first things that potential UniformDating users ask is “is online dating safe?” It's a common concern, but it doesn't need to be: we're here to reassure you that if you're sensible, it's as safe as any other form of dating. These days there are millions of people using dating sites worldwide, and if you're careful about sharing personal information it's a fantastic way of chatting and really getting to know people before you meet up.
We're constantly focused on the safety of all our users, so if you follow our online dating advice and use your own best judgement, you'll meet some fantastic people with our site. If you want to make the most out of dating online there's a few things you should keep in mind, so read on and learn some of our handy online dating tips.
Tips On Internet Dating Etiquette
- Be careful with your personal information. We've designed our site so that you can chat to other members privately, enjoying all the benefits of online dating without putting your personal information on public display. Please ensure that you only give out information you're comfortable with, when you're comfortable sharing it. Try not to ask others for theirs too quickly either.
- Don't try to be someone you're not. So you're chatting to a great guy or girl, and they ask to meet up. You’re delighted! Or, you would be, if you hadn't told them you looked a whole lot different to your actual appearance. Don't spoil things for yourself – be honest and you will be free to look forward to meeting who could be your new “someone special.”
- Check with yourself: don't say anything you wouldn't say elsewhere. Remember, flirting is fun, but taking it too far is a big internet dating etiquette faux pas. If you're saying things to people that you'd never dream of saying elsewhere, take a step back and wonder if you'd really be happy if someone was behaving like that with you.
Online Dating Safety Tips
Keep in mind that while we have done everything we can to ensure all our users are honest singles looking for a date, not everyone is as they seem. If you become suspicious, please tell us straight away. If someone asks for money, or personal details that they shouldn't need to know to contact you, then that's a sign they're not who they say they are. We take dealing with scammers very seriously, so please report them as soon as possible to email@example.com and we'll remove them to improve your online dating experience. You can also report them yourself by clicking the relevant button on their members' profile. Remember: if you have any suspicions at all, it's best to act on them.
Another thing you should be aware of is consistency. Just like we advised not to lie above, keep your eyes peeled for someone whose story doesn't seem to add up from day to day. They might not be a scammer – just keen to impress – but do you really want to date someone who feels they need to make themselves look better like that? Some of the best online dating advice that we give our users is to be true to themselves, so if that isn't being followed then you should make sure you're conscious of other things they may not be telling you!
Once you move into dating offline, you should take care to meet your date in a public place, and tell people where you're going beforehand. If you feel confident that your date is going to be as safe as possible, you'll be free to relax and enjoy yourself without thinking about what you should and shouldn't be doing. Plan it in advance, and you can both learn more about each other, and have fun while doing so.
Online Dating Advice For the Best Profiles
We're experts in online dating, and we want to give you some top tips on how to be your best self on your dating profile. As the best online dating site for uniformed professionals (and those who admire them), you can rest assured that UniformDating is here to help you meet your perfect match. Read on, and find out how to shine on your profile!
- Are you a uniformed professional? Wear your uniform in your profile picture, and you'll be presenting yourself in your very best light. Got a dress uniform? Even better! There's nothing more attractive than someone who's well put together, and formal uniforms are designed to do just that.
- Fill out all the information. Want to be contacted by people with whom you have a lot in common? You have to tell people first! When you tell users your likes and dislikes you're likely to be contacted by people who are interested in the same things.
- Pick some words that describe you, then write your profile around them. If you know you're “cuddly” rather than “svelte”, work that in! If you're more of a going out than staying in kind of person (or the complete opposite!) then use that to build out your blurb.
That's all for our online dating advice today. Feeling more confident? Sign up to UniformDating today and start your dating story!