Dating in Birmingham, Alabama
Why Go Dating in Birmingham?
If you are getting tired of dinner and movies you are not the only one. Thankfully there are plenty of other things to do, so let us help you navigate the Birmingham dating scene.
It’s only too easy to forget what’s right in front of you. So decide to become a tourist for a day and check out tourist activities in Birmingham. Funnily the tourists might have discovered something about Birmingham dating that you haven’t.
Dating in Birmingham will never get boring, because like any bigger town it’s got plenty of events happening. Check out local newspapers, magazines and online publications to find out what’s happening right now. From indie concerts to film festivals, there’s tons to choose from.
Also bear in mind the seasons. Ask yourself what great seasonal dates in Birmingham would be? Hot chocolate and ice skating in winter, picnics in summer, great hikes in spring, cozy places with fireplaces in fall and so on.
So grab your date - Birmingham has a lot to offer and it’s time you started exploring it!
Great First Date Ideas in Birmingham
As far as we’ve understood Birmingham singles are always on the look-out for the perfect first date idea. Well, all you curious singles in Birmingham, the answer we give you: it should be somewhere relaxed if you met online as you haven’t really met yet. Bars, coffee shops and the likes are perfect for a first meeting (and co-incidentally they are also the perfect place to meet singles in Birmingham, should you not have a date yet).
Check out these places for first dates:
- Urban Standard (great coffee, quirky place, awesome cupcakes)
- Pepper Place Market (meet for a coffee and a stroll)
- Seeds Coffee (cool vibes, live music some nights)
- Doodles or Steel City Pops (because ice cream is sometimes better than coffee)
- Olexa (cupcake heaven)
- O’Henry’s Coffees (they roast their own coffee and have intriguing flavors)
- Revelator Coffee Company (for the minimalists)
- Primeaux Cheese and Vino (because you love cheese and wine)
- The Wine Loft (chic, very chic)
- The Collins Bar (cool place)
- Carrigan’s Public House (gastropub)
Dating in Birmingham is More Fun if…
From the second date onwards you will want to step up your dating game. Lucky for you dating in Birmingham can be a blast. Birmingham dating at its best offers both adventure, romance and quirkiness.
Great dates in Birmingham include:
- Attend a baseball game at Regions Field (preferably at sunset!) and grab a beer at the Good People Brewing Company afterwards. Can’t get more American than that!
- Head to Church Street Coffee and Books where you buy each other a coffee and a book and then sit down and read together, discussing what you bought each other.
- Go to Bottletree Cafe to listen to music, poetry or watch a comedian. Definitely a unique experience in a cooler than cool place.
- Sit down at Red Mountain for a picnic at sunset (or during the day, in the park there, you can go zip-lining!). Or if you prefer, hike in Ruffler Mountain Park and have a picnic for lunch instead.
- The Cahaba River offers plenty to do as well. Apart from scenic picnics you can go kayaking, canoeing or floating down the river in a tube!
The Best Chat Rooms for Singles in Birmingham
Chat rooms aren’t all about computer wizards getting together to discuss hacking the internet anymore (just in case you haven’t followed the evolution), but rather they are a safe environment to connect with someone you meet online.
For busy professionals like firemen, the police and nurses time is precious. This means you might want to talk to someone before you decide to meet up with them for a date. And before you want to give out your number, a chat room is simply a safe place to get together and, well, chat! It’s only a starting point to find out if you have things in common though - the sooner you meet someone in person the sooner you will know if you actually have chemistry.
At UniformDating all our chat rooms are safe. We take security seriously. Other chat rooms on unpaid sites aren’t always so safe, so beware what site you choose for your online dating adventure!