Dating a navy guy evokes feelings in you that you may not feel with other men. Here are the top 10 feelings you’ll get with a navy man.
1. You’ll love the sea and ocean. We can’t place our fingers on it, but when you find yourself dating a naval guy, your heart longs for the water. Whether you surround yourself with photographs, movies, quotes, or stories about the sea, you’ll start catching yourself missing your boyfriend or husband all the more.
2. You’ll need to keep a “to tell” list, rather than a “honey do” list. You’re going to have to spend a significant amount of time apart from one another. While your friends are rattling their brains with things to have their boyfriends and husbands to do, you’ll be jotting down notes of things that you’ll want to tell them. Why will you need a list? Well that’s simple! How many times have you wanted to tell him something you found so exciting, but the moment you got on the phone and heard his voice, you forget everything? Yeah, it happens a lot.
3. A new dress stays new for a lifetime. You may have bought that cute dress for date night, but before you ever got to wear it for him, he was deployed to this place or another. Fortunately, the dress can be saved for another date night. Plus it also gives you a little extra time to work on that excess water weight that may have made the dress feel a little tighter than it should.
4. Google is your new best friend. You get word that he is being sent to some destination that is far away and you know nothing about it. So what do you do? Pull out your handy laptop and start looking up everything that you can about it. You want to know what he’ll be eating, what he may be interested in doing, the military climate there, and maybe even what the Wi-Fi situation may be like there. The moment he calls you, you fill him in about all the things he could do while he is at port.
5. You become much more worldly because of all the map gazing you’ve been doing. You may not have been very good at reading a map when you had to while in school, but now that your love is off sailing around the world, you want to know everything you can about the water and where he is going. Your friends and family may even start wondering about your new found passion for maps, but they just don’t understand!
6. Waiting takes on a completely new meaning. Sure you may have had to wait for things in the past, but nothing can quite compare to the amount of waiting that you have to endure now that your navy boyfriend or husband is gone for weeks at a time. The whole idea of not knowing when the next call, text, or bit of mail will come is enough to drive the most patient person bonkers. Oh, but just imagine the sheer joy you feel the second that you do hear from your love. It almost makes it worth the wait.
7. You virtually traveled around the world with them. Although you couldn’t physically be there on his travels, you can enjoy the photographs and feel like you were there when he tells you the details of his travels. You can remember the details so well that you can almost picture yourself being there. Of course, this only gives you something to look forward to with your own travels!
8. You can share your own stories with him. If you’ve listened to countless tales about what happened overseas, you may find that you grow tired of hearing the same story over and over. Fortunately, you can change the subject by telling him about what has been going on with you! It’s a two way street and now it’s his turn to listen!
9. You operate on two different clocks. Your mind has programmed itself so that you can make yourself available for your partner who may be staying halfway around the world. You do this because you want to be available to talk to them, so if they only seem to get a free moment at 3 in the afternoon, but it is 3 in the morning for you, you’ll have an alarm set so that you can talk to them. When your love is away, you’ll do whatever you can to be available—even if that means changing your schedule.
10. Time goes by too fast or too slow. Haven’t you ever noticed that when he is gone, the time drags so slowly. However when he is home, it feels like he has to leave too soon. Time never feels like it is on your side.