Dating in Detroit, Michigan
Detroit may be rumored to be a city that’s kind of grim, but just as there’s more than cars to LA there’s more than a bad reputation to Detroit. Dating in Detroit can be plenty of fun. There’s a lot going on in the city, as well as in the outskirts.
When it comes to Detroit date ideas, we’ve got plenty. In winter you can visit Belle Isle to make snowmen outdoors and then head indoors for flowers in a heated observatory. Or why not heat up in one of the many excellent bars and coffee shops Detroit has to offer? From hipster to cozy and everything in between, you’ve got plenty of choice. There are plenty of spas for romantic treatments you can enjoy together with a date. Nothing says love like being pampered, after all. Head to Cranbrook in Bloomfield Hills for a stroll around the grounds and have a picnic, or check out Henry Ford’s mansion to experience the opulence. Failing all that you could always head to Windsor… After all, one of the perks with Detroit is being close to Windsor.
Detroit Date Ideas: First Dates
All Detroit singles sooner or later come across the same problem: where do you take someone on a first date? Well if you met someone through online dating, Detroit offers plenty of places to go. Why, did you think Detroit offers no cool bars and coffee shops? You have to think again. Bars and coffee shops are just right for the “first meeting” which a first date really is for online dating peeps.
- Astro Coffee (hip, cute and superb all in one go)
- Great Lakes Coffee (industrial, yet sweet. Offers unique tastes)
- Roasting Plant (you can get cookie dough shots. Need we say more?)
- Anthology Coffee (because it rocks)
- Schramm’s Mead (because they make their own mead. Something to talk about for two culinary inclined people on a first date!)
- Motor City Wine (maybe not on a weekend because of loud music, just check their site for the events schedule!)
- Stray Cat Lounge (cocktails)
- The Sugar House (many, many spirits)
- The Ghost Bar (this place is a classic. Elegant too)
Detroit Dating: Ideas for Romance
Interested in ideas for Detroit dating? Look no further. We’ve come up with great dates for Detroit. Chat with someone over quirky books, enjoy old movies or get lost amongst flowers.
- Anna Scripps Whitcomb Observatory in Belle Isle. Because sometimes in winter you want to be indoors in a hot oasis and in summer you want to get lost in nature. And all those flowers make it kind of romantic.
- The Fowling Warehouse offers, well fowling, for a hip crowd. A guaranteed laugh.
- Ice skating (you’ve got multiple rinks across the city) followed by mulled wine or hot chocolate is a must in the winter months. Bonus if you can find a fireplace to sip the hot chocolate by.
- Head to a bookshop and pick out one book each for each other to read. You can try John King Books for that special atmosphere, or simply head to a bookstore of your choice.
- Movies and popcorn is a classic and you can try out the Redford Theatre for some classic movies (no pun intended)
- The Woodhouse Day Spa offers treatments for two. Need we say more?
Chat Rooms for Singles in Detroit
Why do you need a chat room on a dating site you ask? You can, after all, message people. Well, chatting to someone is a little bit more like talking to someone in real life. You might not want to give someone your phone number until you get a better feel of who they are, so chatting is therefore often the first step to getting to know someone.
Chat rooms also come in handy if you are traveling and don’t want to pay hefty bills to call someone. People in the military, or navy, like marines and soldiers (which we have plenty on our site) might not always be able to make phone calls that easily either, but they can sometimes use the internet.
Chat rooms are simply safe to use and a nice way to take the first step to getting to know someone. After you’ve chatted once or twice you can take the next step and connect over the phone before meeting up in person. And don’t waste your time - meet someone as soon as possible to find out if there are sparks flying between the two of you!