Dating in Iowa City, Iowa
Iowa City Dating
So you met someone on an Iowa dating site. What to do? Ask them out of course! The first date will probably be a drink or a coffee somewhere chilled as you don’t want any pressure. After all, it’s a first meeting.If the sparkles start flying during the first date, it’s time for a second one. Something more unique, adventurous or romantic is on the cards for the second date. Dating in Iowa can be plenty of fun and we have some Iowa date ideas for you.
There are classics, like sipping coffee and having (seemingly) intellectual conversations about books at Prairie Lights (followed by the Iowa Avenue Literary Walk)
Then there are popcorn covered Mondays when it’s time for movies at the Clinton Street Social Club.
You’ve also got places like Hickory Hill park which are ideal for hikes. Many great date ideas will actually be featured in your local magazines as well - festivals, cultural events, shows, concerts and so on happen throughout the year. Keep track on what’s going on and you will always find inspiration for date nights.
Iowa Dating: First Date Ideas
Below you will find some places to meet Iowa singles. They are also great places to take someone on a first date. You want that laid back atmosphere, which is perfect for a first date when you are both a bit nervous. Places that are good for conversation and laughter, in other words.
- High Ground Cafe (because of the fireplace, naturally!)
- The Java House (more coffee)
- Mendoza Wine Bar & Music (great Argentine place. Just check so there’s no live music or you may not be able to talk!)
- Museum of Natural History (if both of you are museum lovers, it will be a perfect place for an interesting and easy first date. No kidding.)
- Deadwood Tavern (casual)
- George’s Buffet (your perfect dive bar. Without a buffet, ironically)
With any of the places just check that they don’t have any events on, but apart from that they should be some of your best bets for first dates!
Iowa Dating: Dates to Remember
Iowa City dating need not be boring. We can assure you. Every city offers plenty of opportunity. It’s just a matter of finding it. If you love food Iowa City’s Farmers Market is perfect - pick fresh produce with your date then go home and cook it! Open Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Old Capitol Lawn is perfect for picnics.
- In summer Lake Macbride is a great all day date. You can rent a boat, kayak, hike, or just relax.
- The Arts Festival in June is a wonderful event for art lovers. After browsing the art, have a drink and discuss your favorite finds.
- The Jazz Festival in July is another perfect date night opportunity.
- Summer offers the concert series at Ped Mall.
- Catch a play at the Englert Theater. Then go home and practice your Romeo and Juliet. Or not. Film Scene brings you some cool movies from all around the globe - great if you get tired of Hollywood.
Lastly, remember that seasonal dates are great and, well, vary with the seasons! Check out what’s happening in Iowa right now. From pumpkin patches in fall to outdoor events in summer, there’s always something going on.
Iowa Chat Rooms for Online Dating
There’s a difference between chat rooms and chat rooms. Some are sincere and secure, others aren’t.
At UniformDating we take security seriously. And our members are professionals like firemen, nurses and police officers, who have in common that they work in a uniform, often in roles that require a dedication to service and come with demanding schedules. They’re bound to be respectful to other members.
The reason we use chat rooms is for members to have an ability to connect in a safe environment, where they don’t have to give out telephone numbers, or social media details. It’s a great place to start a conversation that can then be taken offline, once you feel comfortable.
Whilst we never recommend chatting with someone for longer periods of time without meeting them in real life, we believe it’s an excellent starting point for learning about each other and seeing if there’s some chemistry.