Dating in Austin, Texas
So all you lucky Austin singles, you’ve met your perfect match on UniformDating (or at least we hope you did!) and now you are trying to figure out what to do next. Do not fret dear singles, Austin has a lot to offer. If you pick the right date night experiences you won’t be single for long. One of the amazing things about Austin is that you have everything the big city can offer, as well as plenty of gorgeous nature just outside the city limits. From wine tasting at vineyards, to hikes, to moonlit floats down the river, there are plenty of gorgeous escapades you can do in nature. When it comes to inner city dating you can try something crazy like a free improve class on a Wednesday night at the Hideout Theater or a night of laughter at Volente Beach, which is open for grown-ups only some nights. Of course there are more traditional things as well, like vintage bowling at the Goodnight or live music (it’s the capital of live music after all!) and S’Mores at Halcyon. As you can see, dating in Austin is far from dull! Read on for some proper examples of great dates in Austin!
Singles in Austin TX: Nice First Dates
A first date with someone you met online can be nerve wracking as, well, you don’t know them yet. The best way to go about it is to plan on meeting somewhere you both feel comfortable and where the vibe is nice and relaxed. Coffee shops, wine bars, cocktail lounges and the likes are usually great for a first date in Austin. The below places are great to meet people in Austin as well as take someone on a first date if you haven't met before. All round great for singles in Austin in other words.
- Whislers. For a candle lit night of coziness.
- CU29 Cocktail Bar. Innovative cocktails and a great place to talk when there are no live bands.
- Garage. Intimate space and plenty of cocktails.
- East End Wines. This is a wine store, but you can sit on the patio and drink the wine if you like! Great for wine lovers.
- The Red room Lounge. Cozy wine bar.
- Vintage Heart Coffee. Quaint little place.
- Beware Coffee. A small trailer outside Spider House. Perfect for sunny days when you can sit at one of the tables, or go for a walk with your date.
- Dolce Neve Gelato. For those with a sweet tooth.
Date in Austin: The Perfect Date Ideas
Austin dating has a lot to offer. A LOT. Your Austin date will be thrilled when you take them on one of the following dates.
- Moonlight cruise on Lady Bird Lake or a moonlight float at McKinney Roughs Nature park. Seriously, you just have to do this. Nothing speaks romance like moonlight, after all.
- Make a fire at Blue Starlite Drive-in. Yes, we’re serious. They offer you fires for your s’mores kit, that they also provide. So let’s see, fire under the stars whilst watching a movie? Can it get any better? Oh, the s’mores, of course.
- Karaoke. You’ve got plenty of choice in the city for this. Perfect if you want to embarrass yourself in front of your date. Just to know s/he can handle you, you know.
- First Thursdays at South Congress turn the street into a marketplace with live music. Not to be missed.
- The Austin Steam Train is perfect if you are longing for them olden days. You can choose to attend one of their wine tasting rides, or murder mystery rides.
- Can you see why we think your date in Austin will be thrilled by these ideas?
Austin Chat Rooms for Online Dating
Why use a chat room you ask yourself? You could just message, text, phone…why you could even pop over in person! And not even look at your smart phone once while talking to the other person. Imagine that!
In all seriousness, chat rooms are great for online dating as you get a feel for a person in a secure environment online before you give out your number, or you swap social media details (so that you can check out their profile whilst not listening to whoever is in the room with you right then). It’s simply a bit more private.
Chat rooms are also great for professionals we have on UniformDating like doctors, psychologists and police officers who might not necessarily want their colleagues to overhear a flirtatious conversation with a potential date. Some things are best kept out of the office gossip.
Of course you need to meet someone in real life though and usually the sooner the better; chatting to someone is just the starting point.