The Toronto Dating Scene
To meet someone in Toronto isn’t that hard - it’s a big city. However, to meet someone who is single and leads a similar lifestyle and whom you also have that spark with, is a lot more difficult. Single men and single women in Toronto often get fed up with the bar scene and running around to social events in the hope of meeting someone. After all, socializing should be about socializing without the pressure to find love at the same time, which often leads to disappointment. Since online dating has become incredibly popular it’s now much easier to find love online. Why? Because you find thousands of singles in one place. You can go through them to find someone with similar interests and who understands your line of work, as well as someone you are attracted to. And you don’t have to run around to do so. So what are you waiting for? Sign up and start browsing!
A Sweet First Date for Singles in Toronto
Toronto dating can be a lot of fun, because there are so many things to do. However, for a first date you want to keep things simple, especially if you met online. It’s a first meeting so you need a place where you both feel comfortable. Also, it should be short and sweet - you will be so overloaded by impressions of the “real” person” so keep it short and leave room for doubt. First impressions rarely last, so it’s best to leave people curious enough to want to see you again. One great first date for Toronto singles is to take someone to an ice cream parlor or chocolaterie. It’s a bit different from just coffee or a drink! See below for ideas.
- Soma Chocolate Maker. Nom, nom.
- Ambiance Chocolat. Because you want ambiance with your chocolate, of course.
- The Big Chill. Chilled, very chilled.
- Kekou Gelato House. Cool Asian flavored ice cream.
First Date Ideas, Toronto
If you don’t think first dates should be about ice cream or chocolate, we’ve found some not-so-sweet Toronto dating ideas.
- Fahrenheit Coffee. Because you love latte art and nice baristas. And maybe a sweet cookie, or two…
- Scout and Cash Coffee. Nice coffee, great atmosphere. What more could you possibly want? A panini to go with it perhaps? Or a soup for those cold winter days.
- FUEL +. Because you want some organic juice, smoothies and cookies. And maybe some coffee too. To stay awake during your date…
- Tandem Coffee. Super friendly and relaxed social atmosphere. Nice cookies. Nice owners. - Seven Grams. It’s got character and it’s got coffee. Need we say more?
- Boxcar Social. When you don’t know if you want coffee, or beer, or both.
- Cocktail Bar. As the name implies, there are great cocktails.
- Linwood Essentials. Love mixologists.