Meet Edinburgh Single
Thanks to its unparalleled mix of history and romance, Edinburgh offers some of the most romantic dating options anywhere in Scotland. You’d be forgiven for being overwhelmed by the amazing places to date in the world's first City of Literature. Luckily, as one of the best dating sites Edinburgh has to offer, Uniform Dating is here to help.
Have a look at our suggestions to get the most out of Auld Reekie and make it a date to remember in the Athens of the North. We've hand-picked recommendations for the best sites in the city, from romantic restaurants to quiet date spots. Read our Edinburgh dating guide below and create your free profile at Uniform Dating today to find love in the Lothians.
Edinburgh Date Ideas
With millions of visitors every year, many of the classic Edinburgh date ideas are also popular with tourists, so we've delved a little deeper to bring you sites where you won't catch a glimpse of a rain poncho. Check out our suggestions below; they’re sure to make dating in Edinburgh a success whether you love culture, classics, or a good movie:
- Visit Edinburgh's “other castle.” Craigmillar Castleis a romantic ruin surrounded by gorgeous country walks. Grab a coffee in winter or an ice cream in summer and enjoy the quiet, medieval atmosphere.
- The Dominion Cinema gets the cinematic experience right. Snuggle up to your date on the plush chairs, sip a classy drink and enjoy this luxurious take on the classic cinema date.
- Gaze at the stars with your date with a visit to the Royal Observatory. Looking at the night sky is always romantic, but for the science and tech lovers, there's also weekly talks held in the Victorian telescope dome.
- Avoid the bustle of the city and stroll along the Water of Leith Walkway, perfect for picnics on a sunny day.
- For the bird lover, Duddingston Lochprovides both beautiful scenery and the opportunity to enjoy the wildlife up close – no credit card required, unlike the zoo!
- Free Fringe Festival: Yes it's the Fringe, but most free shows are thankfully mostly free of the bustle of tourists. Watch a host of weird and wacky shows for a great conversation starter with your date.
Romantic Restaurants in Edinburgh
Edinburgh is renowned for its range of eateries catering to all tastes and budgets. Take advantage of this culinary variety and treat your date to a special meal with these romantic restaurants in Edinburgh. Whether you like traditional Scottish dining or want to experience cuisine from a different culture, you're sure to find something for everyone:
- Ondine: luxury Scottish seafood restaurant with award-winning Oyster Bar.
- Kanpai: Traditional Japanese cuisine in an intimate setting.
- Under the Stairs: Shabby chic restaurant with budget-friendly food.
- Rhubarb Restaurant: opulent British dining in baronial Prestonfield House.
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.