Dating in Honolulu, Hawaii
Honolulu Dating: First Date Rules
If you’ve met someone on a Hawaiian dating site, which tends to be the trend these days, then you probably want to impress them with a great first date. So what would be a great first date with someone you’ve met online? First to all, remember it’s a first meeting. You will both be a bit nervous, so the chemistry might not be incredible right off the bat. And contrary to common belief first impressions don’t last. In fact, most long term relationships were not love at first sight. It was more like love in hindsight! Take it easy. Relax. See how you feel. Your date won’t be exactly as you imagined him or her to be. That’s cool. Get used to the “real” them and see what happens. When it comes to planning the actual date, suggest a place which you’d both feel comfortable in. Something low key like a drink or coffee is a great first date. Keep it short and sweet - leave them curious to find out more. Dating in Honolulu can be both crazy romantic and crazy wild - there are plenty of dates to go on that include both - but save this for the second or third date!
Hawaiian Dating - Great First Dates in Honolulu
So all you single men and women in Honolulu, we’ve concluded that the best place for a first date is somewhere chilled like a bar or coffee shop, but where exactly? Well, avoid anything too plastic fantastic and chain like - make it a bit more special. It also depends on what environment you and your date feel comfortable in. Do you like fancy? Or more mellow? Go with somewhere you know will make you both feel at home. If you can remember something your date has said that you can point out is why you chose that place, it will make them feel you really care.
- The Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel - for the view. Great for sundowners.
- Formaggio Wine Bar - cozy.
- Glazer’s Coffee - hipster, cozy.
- The Tea Farm - ice cream fondue, need we say more?
- Island Brew Coffeehouse - if you want to sit by the ocean.
- Honolulu Coffee - posh.
- Amuse Wine Bar
- Vino - for wine and tapas.
- Lewers Lounge - jazz and cocktails.
Well, you singles in Hawaii now you know where to take a date on the first informal date. Remember this is for people who met online though - if you already know someone, then jump right to the section where we talk about the second date and beyond.
Singles in Hawaii: Great Date Ideas
Hawaiian singles, these are the date ideas you’ve been waiting for! Hawaiian dating, like any dating can easily get boring if you do the same old things in the same old spots. Here are some ideas for great date nights and days.
- Go snorkeling. As you live in paradise you might as well make the most of it. Yokohama Bay is perfect for a day of fun in the water.
- If you prefer to stay with your head above water, how about Ala Moana Beach Park for some biking?
- Want something arty? How about painting some clay figurines, plates, or mugs at The Clay Café?
- Always wanted to make your own wine? Great news, Wine the Experience, offers you to do just that. You get to blend the grapes yourself and later collect your bottles of wine.
- Let’s dance. At the Honolulu Club you can take dance lessons together with your date. Maybe some tango?
- The last Friday of the month you have ARTAfterDARK at the Honolulu Museum of Art, which is an art party.
- Formaggio offers dinners where you are blindfolded. The ultimate foodie experience?
- Brasserie du Vin for some moonlit dinners in the courtyard.
Honolulu Chat Rooms for People Looking to Date
Do you still have an idea that chat rooms are for people scared of socializing in real life? In that case you need a reality check - today chat is an integral part of most social media sites, such as Facebook, for example. When it comes to online dating it’s simply an easy way to get a feel for what a person is like, before you step it up and call them.
For many people who value their privacy using a secure chat room (and UniformDating’s chat rooms are secure) is a great starting point for connecting with someone; you don’t have to give out phone numbers, or social media information.
If you are at work having a coffee break, it’s also easy to log in to a chat room and say a few words to someone. Words you don’t necessarily want your co-workers to hear (or worse: if you’re a doctor, nurse, or dentist - your patients!). Likewise if you’re at home cooking, or doing some chores, it’s easy to go back and forth to the laptop. Phone calls aren’t always convenient if you need to multi-task.