Dating in Los Angeles, California
Dating in Los Angeles: How to Excel
Angelenos are known to be flaky. Not easy when it comes to dating. So we decided to launch a Los Angeles dating site for busy professionals who don’t have time for flaky. People who work in a uniform are usually dedicated to their profession - police officers, firefighters, nurses, doctors, pilots. Their job is to help people. They have crazy schedules and little time for flakes. They hardly even have time to find the right people to date. So enter UniformDating - the dating site for LA singles who like men and women in uniform. Those who really get what it’s like dating heroes.
Things to know about the LA dating scene:
- You definitively aren’t exclusive till you’ve had “the talk.”
- Angelenos usually date a lot before settling down. They’re picky. To blow their minds plan incredible dates.
- Health is a big deal for most Angelenos. Looking after your body and mind will get you points.
- Traffic can be a problem. Leave early to get to your date on time. You probably know this, but just in case. Friday night traffic is…a mess.
1st Dates by the #1 Los Angeles Dating Site
There are plenty of LA singles on your favorite Los Angeles dating site (that’s UniformDating if you hadn’t figured already) and chances are you will find your match. You will probably meet a few who aren’t your match before that, so you will go on plenty of first dates.
First dates when it comes to online dating really translate to a first meeting. So make it short, sweet and a preview of coming attractions. Keep it public and relaxed. You want to go somewhere you feel at home and where there’s no pressure (i.e. don’t make the first date over the top romantic). It will take some time getting used to the real life person. The second date is where the romance starts for real!
Great first date spots in LA are bars and coffeeshop, such as:
- The Standard on Sunset. Rooftop charm.
- Bar Marmont. Traditional. Classy.
- The small bar at The Roosevelt. Opens around seven.
- 18th Street Coffee House. Very chillaxed. Owned by Bob Dylan.
- Urth Caffe. Simple.
- Anything on Montana Avenue or in Larchmont Village. Just stroll around till you find something.
Hot Date Nights for LA Singles
When you discover you have true chemistry with someone you’ve found on your favorite LA dating website (i.e. UniformDating), it’s time for proper dates. Impressive dates. After all, Los Angeles singles are picky. Spoilt for choice. Here are some great ideas.
- Pace restaurant in Laurel Canyon. Because it doesn’t get any cozier than this.
- Tea at Chateau Marmont. Classy. Though you have to make reservations or you won’t get in, which is not classy.
- Sundowners and dinner at Casa Del Mar. The view. The atmosphere. The everything.
- Watch the sunset from the Observatory in Griffith Park.
- Watch the city lights from Mulholland Drive. Just be warned: it’s not the best of roads. You will be shaken, not stirred. But the view is worth it.
- A hike in the Santa Monica Mountains. Choose one with a waterfall, or some other spectacular feature.
- Drive to Vegas for the weekend for a taste of sin city.
- The perfect romantic getaway? Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur. Swoon. Just swoon.
Chat Rooms for Online Dating in Los Angeles
People in Los Angeles are notoriously flakey (and notoriously awesome, of course!) so before you set up a date with them, you might want to get a feel for what they are like. Chat rooms are excellent for that.
You might just want to call someone instead and you can, of course, do that. However, if you don’t feel like handing out your phone number just yet, you may prefer to start with an online chat. Our chat rooms are very secure to use (unlike some free chat rooms around the net).
If you travel a lot, like say you are an air hostess, soldier, or marine, you can also use chat rooms if you won’t have the opportunity to call someone when abroad. And chatting feels more like a real life conversation than messaging someone.
Naturally, chat rooms are the beginning point only - you have to meet someone in real life to find out if you have chemistry. And don’t wait for too long as you don’t want to build a false image of someone.