Dating in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Date Ideas Minneapolis: First Dates
Dating in Minneapolis leaves you spoilt for choice. Like any other big city there’s lots going on. What’s a suitable first date though? If you met someone through an online dating site it’s really a first meeting. So you want something relaxed where you both feel at home. Usually a coffee shop or a bar is a good place for a meeting. Lucky for you there are plenty of places to choose from for your date night. Minneapolis has a lot of great bars and coffee shops. If you’ve already met someone before the first date, then jump straight onto the next section for some more romantic and adventurous dates in Minneapolis!
- Five Watt Coffee
- The Matchbox Coffee Shop
- Royal Grounds
- Peace Coffee Shop
- Boiler Room Coffee
- Bull Run Coffee
- Dunn Bros Coffee
- Sparrow Café
- Hammer & Sickle
- The Third Bird
- Mattie’s On Main
- Toast Wine Bar and Café
- Bev’s Wine Bar
- Lucia’s Wine Bar
- Riverview Wine Bar
Minneapolis Dating: Adventurous Dates
If you are looking for fun date ideas, Minneapolis has more than you probably have the time for! Minnesota dating offers plenty of romance and just a tad of adventure.
- Paddleboarding at Lake Calhoun. Rent a board and try not to fall over…
- Love biking? How about biking the Gateway State Trail? Pack a picnic and off you go!
- Whilst not very adventurous lawn bowling can be fun. You find it atop the Brits Pub (choose a sunny day!) or at Nomad World Pub.
- Hike to the Minnehaha Falls.
- Try out the Virtual Shooting Range at Gander Mountain. Just, you know, be sure your date likes guns but isn’t violent…
- Sledging or ice skating. Remember to bring some hot chocolate or head somewhere for mulled wine afterwards. Or just head somewhere with an open fireplace. How much more romantic can it possibly get?
- Lebanon Hills offers candle lit ice skating, skiing and snowshoeing, followed by a bonfire and hot chocolate at the visitor’s center. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Date Ideas - Minneapolis for Couples
The Minneapolis dating scene is great for those who love romance. From ice bars to vineyards - there’s something for everyone.
- A sunset walk in Loring Park is very romantic. Bring a picnic or head to one of the bars nearby.
- Fired Up Studios offers dates where you get to play with clay. So get ready to get your hands dirty!
- Carriage ride with the Hitching Company. Because sitting wrapped up in blankets in a horse carriage is just sublimely romantic. Don’t forget the hot chocolate.
- In winter Groveland Tap offers an ice bar. Wrap up warm, sit close together and enjoy.
- Sabai Body Temple offers couples massages. As relaxing a date as it can get.
- Take a riverboat tour of the St. Croix River.
- In summer catch a movie or music in the park. Perfect for those who love date under the stars.
- Head out to a vineyard to sample wine, eat lunch and enjoy the scenery. Check out if there are some other interesting spots you could hit up along the way.
Chat Rooms for People Looking to Date in Minneapolis
You might remember chat rooms from the days when the dinosaurs where roaming the earth (or at least when you were still using dial up internet). In that case you may not have too favorable memories. Sometimes the chat rooms weren’t secure, at other times people hid behind a screen persona. The first people using chat rooms where also those who understood computers, but weren’t necessarily great at socializing in real life.
Today most chat rooms are safe and used by everyone from businesses to social media sites. And people who travel a lot like air hostesses, certain doctors and military personnel use them to cut phone costs.
When it comes to online dating people use chat rooms as they want a safe place to talk to someone before they give out their phone number. It’s a great place to get a feel for someone’s personality. Though admittedly many people are better at talking than writing, which is also why you should meet with someone as soon as you’ve gotten to know them a little bit better.