Navy Seal Dating
How to Have The Perfect Navy Date
Dating a sailor has been the subject of romantic daydreams for hundreds of years, and it’s easy to see why. People in the Navy have that special air of mystery that comes from travelling around the world by boat, and of course they’re doing a very important and brave job so they’re often considered to be heroes. However, just like any other job in the forces, dating someone in the Navy has its fair share of complexities, such as long periods offshore, limited communication ability and varied shift patterns. But don’t worry! At UniformDating, we’ve put together a guide to “the Navy date” and how to do it properly, so you’re not lost at sea when dating a sailor.
- Make the most of your time together. As you should know, dating a marine or other Navy professional means that there will be a lot of off-shore duties, some of which can happen without notice. As long as you accept that plans may have to be interrupted, you’ll have a better time when they’re rescheduled and you’re both looking forward to it.
- Stay in contact. If your date is overseas, they may not have access to their civilian accounts on board the ship for safety reasons. Make sure you have a note of (and permission to contact) their Navy email accounts to ensure you don’t lose contact while they’re away.
- Be understanding of their working hours. It can be stressful to know that the person you’re seeing works long hours, and your dates might consist of a few precious hours in the afternoon, but try and be as understanding as you can. After all, your “someone special” is spending what precious time they have with you.
Reasons To Date A Navy professionalThere’s plenty of reasons why you’d want to date a sailor, because whether they’re a Marine or in another branch of the Navy, you’ll definitely never run out of things to talk about (and they look great, too!)
They’ll be in great shape – as you know, being fit is essential to anyone in the forces. Dating someone in the Navy means you’ll be dating someone with a fantastic figure!
They wear one of the sexiest uniforms on the planet – everyone loves a military uniform, and the Navy one is no exception. If you admire a man or woman in uniform then you won’t be disappointed with the Navy dress code.
They’ll be good listeners – because they spend long periods of time with other people in small spaces, an important aspect of being in the Navy is the ability to communicate well.
The Navy Date Site
When you’re in the armed forces, dating can be a daunting prospect for you as you contend with your date never having dated a military professional before, your awkward working pattern, and a whole host of other concerns that sometimes have to take precedence over your Friday night together. But no matter your role, that shouldn’t stop you from finding love with the right person! Get the most out of your romantic life and check out our tips on dating as a sailor
- Keep up with communication: it might be hard if you’re in an area with little to no reception or internet access, but you can rest assured it’ll be appreciated if you do as much as you can. Even just a simple “Hey, I’m okay” can keep the person you’re dating from worrying, and it’s something to enjoy in your quiet moments on board.
- Date to suit you: know you can’t make dinner on Thursdays? Plan something else instead, and share your duty hours (as much as you’re allowed/able) to make sure your date has some idea of when you’ll be free.
- Consider dating other military singles: while it’s not your only option, dating someone else who works in the forces can be an attractive option as you already understand each other’s profession, restrictions and situation. Keep checking UniformDating to find other forces singles near you
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.