New York Dating
Great First Dates for New York Singles
If you’ve met someone through a New York dating site a first date is really a first meeting. This makes it well exciting and just a tad nerve wracking too. Will they be as you imagined them to be? Will there be chemistry? The truth is no one is going to be exactly as you imagined them. It will take some time to get used to the “real” person. You might very well discover you like them more though, so don’t be alarmed, just relax and have a good time. To relax on a first date, choose a place you are both comfortable with, somewhere public. Usually a cozy bar of coffeeshop is the perfect choice. If you can pick something that relates to something you know your date likes. Thankfully New York dating is great for first dates - there are a ton of places for great first dates. See some below.
- Pushcart Coffee
- Hungry Ghost
- The Queens Kickshaw
- Black Mountain Wine House
- The Lobby Bar at the Bowery Hotel
- Caffe Reggio
- Temple Bar
- The Dove Parlour
- Refinery Rooftop
NYC Dating - Great Date Ideas
If you are dating in New York City you are spoilt for choice when it comes to great dates to go on - there are just so many options. The funny thing is when you meet New York singles they are sometimes so used to the city they are blind to the many options available. To really discover New York you sometimes have to be like a tourist in your own city, constantly looking for new things to do. Below we have listed some great date ideas for dating in New York City.
- The Royal Palms - drinks and shuffleboards.
- The Met’s Roof Garden Café and Martini Bar - for the view.
- The Press Lounge - the view again. It’s a rooftop style bar, but it’s enclosed so perfect for winter too.
- The Flatiron - jazz, oysters or cheese and wine or whiskey. Just what the love doctor ordered.
- Sheep Station - a cozy fireplace to go with that pie!
- Manhattan by Sail - get romantic on a boat.
- Brooklyn Brewery - if you love beer.
- Hotel Chantelle - for a night of burlesque…
Dating in NYC - the Perfect Winter Date
Dating in New York in winter can get dark, very dark. So how about some romance in the dark? Nothing to perk you up on a bleak winter day like good date.
- Le Barricou - get cozy by the fireplace in the backroom.
- Ice skating and horse drawn carriages in Central Park. Yes, we know. It’s cliche, but it’s fun. Bring some hot chocolate and enjoy!
- MomA or the Museum of Sex, perhaps? There are a ton of museums in New York, so why not get cultural? Go for a stroll outside in the snow afterwards drinking something warm and talking about the exhibition you just saw, or cuddle up by a fireplace.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden - brilliant for winter as they have a large conservatory. You can even enjoy the tropics in the midst of winter. A total win for dating in Brooklyn.
- Sledding on Pilgrim Hill. What’s more fun than bringing out your inner child and tumbling around in the snow? You can always put on a tux or a cocktail dress later and go sip some wine for a more sophisticated feel to end the day.
- Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar for wine and chocolate tasting.
Chat Rooms for People Based in New York
People sometimes ask us why we use chat rooms on UniformDating - people could just pick up the phone and call someone. They could. But not everyone is comfortable with that. And no, that doesn’t mean they aren’t comfortable with speaking on the phone, but they might not want to give out their number immediately.
When we meet someone in real life we get an instant feel for them. Admittedly we often judge people too fast (just look at how your relationship with various people has developed over the years and compare how you see them now to how you saw them the first time you met them), but we feel more comfortable handing out our number after a brief meeting. Online to get a feel for someone you can chat for fifteen minutes or half an hour before giving them your number.
Some people who travel a lot, like certain marines, air hostesses and soldiers also like chatting as they literally can’t make phone calls.