Dating in Portland, Oregon
Dating in Oregon: First Dates in Portland
Portland singles have a lot of choice as far as a first date venue goes. Coffee shops, wine bars and cocktail bars/lounges can be found all around the city. Many people who meet through Portland dating sites are looking for something relaxed on a first date - nothing too complicated. They don’t know each other yet, so a bar of a coffee place really is the perfect bet. Here are some of the most highly rated ones in the city:
- Cellar Door Coffee Roasters
- Red Square Café
- Bipartisan Café
- Mugshots Café
- Ovation Coffee and Tea
- The Waffle Window
- Hilltop Coffee Shop
- Rocking Frog Café
- Powell’s Books
- Salt & Straw
- The Arbor Lodge
- MJ’s Wine Bar
- Corkscrew Wine Bar
- Remedy Wine Bar
- The Portland Wine Bar and Winery
- Pepe Le Moko
- Teardrop Cocktail Lounge
- Church (inclusive of confessional photo booth)
- Gemini Lounge
Oh and good luck on your date!
Portland Dating: Romantic Dates
Dating in Portland can be very romantic. You just have to figure out the best of what Oregon dating has to offer. Below you find plenty of ideas!
- The Portland Japanese Garden and the International Rose Test Garden both offer stunning settings for a date in summer, as does the Lan Su Chinese Garden.
- If you want to get further out in nature, try the Tom McCall Nature Preserve. Stunning views.
- Late night desserts at Rimsky’s. Because you will want to eat chocolate together at midnight.
- Willamette Valley offers wine tasting and the surroundings are stunning.
- Watch the sunset at the Bluffs.
- In late summer or early fall go and pick apples at your nearest apple orchard. Then go home and bake apple pie together.
- Love Italian? How about Ava Green’s for dinner? Rustic romance. Prefer alpine cuisine Try Gruner’s.
- If you would simply love a relaxing day at the spa together, Spa Sasse is perfect for various treatments for couples. They even offer to have a town car come pick you up together at home too!
Dating in Portland, OR: Adventure
It happens to the best of us that we get bored of dating. Portland does offer some exciting things to do on dates though. Below you will find some of the more adventurous date ideas we could think of.
- Mt. Hood Ski Bowl. Definitively a date that has the potential of exhausting you. On the upside you can cuddle by a fireplace afterwards, sipping mulled wine.
- Eddie May Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre - talk about excitement…and a sense of playful fun!
- Go on a waterfall hike in the Gorge. There’s just something romantic about waterfalls, isn’t there?
- Stoneworks Inc. offers an irresistible challenge for those who love to climb. Why not challenge your date? Or help each other climb better than ever before.
- Scared of cooking? Then baking pancakes is surely an adventure. Slappy Cakes offers you to make your own pancakes together. Why wouldn’t you?
- Hit Angel’s Rest for a good hike.
- Oaks Park offers indoor rollerskating fun. Watch your balance! Did this spark any ideas for your next Portland date?
Chatrooms in Portland for Happy Singles
If you’re single and ready to mingle a chat room is a great place to start. Once you’ve found someone whose profile you like and established there’s mutual interest, a great way to move forward is to have a chat one day. It will help you see if you are a match.
Chat rooms are great ice breakers, because there will be no awkward silences. Once you’ve figured out you have things in common and topics that interest you both, you can call each other and continue the conversation that way.
Of course you will want to meet our gorgeous members in real life as soon as possible too. Nothing beats real life meetings. So whether it was a nurse, psychologist, air hostess or police officer who caught your eye, don’t let them get away - get them on a date instead!