How To Date A Soldier
It’s no surprise that soldiers are one of the most desirable professions out there. With a reputation for honour and heroics, there is usually no shortage of admirers for someone in uniform. However, it's worth bearing in mind that such a dangerous and demanding job comes with its own dating obstacles. So whether you’re the one in the fatigues or not, we’ve come up with some key advice to bear in mind when dating a soldier and ensure that you enjoy online dating success:
- Take advantage of technology: The biggest obstacle when dating a soldier is distance. Fortunately we live in an age of instant communication so embrace this and schedule regular online dates to keep in touch and get to know each other despite the oceans that are in your way.
- Offer refreshing normality: By putting themselves in harm’s way on a regular basis, most soldiers have seen extreme situations that we can only imagine, so it’s important to offer home comforts and a stress-free environment for them to unwind in when they’re off duty.
- Be fun! While you might be able to treat yourself on a week night or only have to wait till the weekend, your date may have gone months without the same type of leisure time that you take for granted. With this in mind make sure and offer them a good time between deployments!
Reasons to Date a Soldier
- They’ll likely be in better shape than anyone else you’ll date - rigorous exercise is all part of the daily routine for a soldier, some of it might even rub off on you too!
- They’re independent - while it is a soldier's job to follow instructions, they also have to display a high level of self-sufficiently.
- Their uniform - if you like a man or woman in uniform, there is no better example than someone in the armed forces. They’re likely to be well turned out when they’re off duty as well.
- It’s their job to help keep the country safe - so they’ll know how to handle themselves if you ever need them too.
- They get a lot of time off at once - you might go a while without seeing each other, but you’ll be able to enjoy lots of uninterrupted time together when they’re on leave.
- They're disciplined - this is a useful skill in all aspects of life, from balancing your finances to keeping your house tidy, and it might help you pick up some good habits too.
Army Dating Site
If you're a soldier on the lookout for a new romance, there is no reason why your career should be an insurmountable obstacle. Thanks to the work you do, there are already lots of people who would be interesting in meeting a single soldier like you. We know it can be tricky to get things started when you're serving in the army so we've come up with some simple advice to help you make sure that your new romance can flourish no matter where you're stationed.
- Stay connected: Letting your date know about the daily ins and outs of your job will help bring you closer together. Seeing as you may be far away, they'll no doubt feel disconnected from this part of your life. So whether it's sending them pictures or just telling them about a typical day, this will help them better understand your day-to-day life.
- Don't be scared to introduce them to your family. In any relationship it's always a big step introducing your new partner to your family, but when you're in the military there's no reason to wait. This will help support your new significant other by letting them know that they're not the only one missing you!
- Make the most of your time together. One of the great advantages about what you do is that it lets you really understand the value of what's important. So make sure you give you're new romance all the nurturing it needs to blossom when you're both together.
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.