First Date Tips for Tulsa Singles
There are many things to bear in mind for a first date. First of all, where did you meet? If it was through a Tulsa dating site, then a first date is really a first meeting. If it was through friends, or at a bar, you already have a bit more of an idea if you have real life chemistry. If you met online, then make sure you meet in a public place where you both feel relaxed. A bar or a cafe is perfect. Somewhere you can grab a quick drink and get a feel for each other. Then on the second date you can get more romantic. Another thing to bear in mind is that if there are silences or you feel nervous, don’t panic. Take a deep breath, look them in the eye and smile instead. Have a think about a few things to ask them about, such as favorite childhood memories, dreams for the future, where they’d like to travel to, what the most memorable book they’ve ever read is and so on. Most importantly - go there not to impress or try to win someone over, but rather to discover who they are. If the are a fit they are a fit, if not they aren’t.
Dating in Tulsa: Great First Dates
We’ve listed some date ideas in Tulsa for first dates - somewhere to grab a drink and get to know each other a bit better. The most important part is to find a place you’ll both feel comfortable in, whether that be arty, fancy, or casual. If you can pick a place you know relates to something your date loves all the better. Such as a wine bar for a wine lover, or a dessert place for someone with a sweet tooth. They will appreciate that you picked it because you remembered a detail about them. Below are some places we believe most singles in Tulsa will enjoy for a first date.
- Zin Wine Bar - very romantic.
- Gelateria STG - for those of you with a sweet tooth.
- Coffee House on Cherry Street - an open fireplace makes it ideal for rainy days.
- Topéca Coffee. Great coffee.
- Vintage 1740 - an intimate and cozy wine bar.
- Sonoma Bistro and Wine Bar - for a casual date.
- Bistro at Atlas Life Courtyard - a bit more swanky.
- Valkyire Bar - hipster feel with great cocktails.
Tulsa Dating: Date Nights to Remember
Once you get past the first date it’s time to get a bit more creative with what kind of dates you go on. Thankfully the Tulsa dating scene offers a few really good places for both traditional and original dates.
- SMOKE on Cherry Street - such a romantic restaurant! Great local farmer’s market food too.
- The Melting Pot on Riverwalk Terrace offers mean chocolate fondues. Need we say more?
- If you fancy getting arty, head to the Purple Glaze Studio to paint your own ceramics. Afterwards grab dinner or a glass of wine.
- Dust Bowl offers a great bowling experience complete with an old fashioned diner feel and the kind of food you’d find in a diner. Only they serve cocktails too.
- If you like art, then the First Friday Art Crawl by the Brady Arts District is a great date night.
- The Comedy Parlor will be great for some good laughs.
- The Gypsy Coffee House has an open mic on Tuesdays and local artists play on Fridays and Saturdays. All other nights you can simply enjoy the open fireplace or some board games there.
Online Chat Rooms for Tulsa Singles
Chat rooms are the perfect place to have the first “proper” conversation with someone. It’s secure (you don’t have to hand out your number) and you can get a feel for if you have things in common. It will also give you some ideas about what to talk to someone about on a first date, or during a first phone call.
The nurses, dentists, psychologists and all the other uniformed professionals on our site are generally very respectful and easy to talk to. Most of them deal with people all day long, so they have great people skills. That means it will be easy to keep a conversation flowing.
Of course, some people are a lot better at communicating face to face than what they are via chat though, so don’t completely rule someone out just because their chatting skills aren’t that great. Face to face meetings is where you truly determine if there’s chemistry.