Local dating tips and advice
Looking to meet new singles in your area? We’ve got news: gone are the days when dating locals meant heading
out to a club every weekend and ditching your mates. Nowadays you can just sign up online and get browsing and
chatting almost immediately. Read our dating tips and advice and find out how to meet local singles:
- Run your photo and profile by a friend. Get their honest opinion, and trust them: they know you.
- Share a unique, local dating idea on your profile. Let other members know about your tastes, so you’re more likely to get invited out on your ideal date.
- Avoid the ‘local’! When choosing where to go on a date, make sure the territory is neutral. Running into your mates is best avoided.
Meet local singles online
At Uniform Dating, we’ll introduce you to several specially matched people every day, making it easier than ever
to meet people online. Here are four important pointers to help you get the most out of our local online dating
- Log in regularly. Remember, new members from your area are joining every day. That means you’ll constantly receive new matches.
- Make sure your location and search settings are correct on your dating profile. If these details are correct, you’ll see plenty of people living near you on the site.
- Think about a few simple ice-breakers with local flavour. For example: ask someone what their favourite restaurant or bar is.