Dating in San Diego, California
San Diego Dating: The Best Date Ideas
Dating in San Diego can be beautiful. After all there’s great California weather, great beaches, great nature and a great city to explore. Could it get any better?
Well, first of all, find yourself a date on UniformDating, your San Diego dating site of choice (of course!). Then go for that first coffee or drink to establish if there’s chemistry. After that plan a date you know your date would enjoy.
- If you like the ocean, why not rent a speedboat for a couple of hours in Harbor Island? Then have a picnic in the sun afterwards.
- Want that 90’s feel? Why not go roller skating at Skateworld? San Diego dating at its most disco.
- What do single women in San Diego (and everywhere else) love more than anything else? Chocolate of course! Take them to Dallmann Fine Chocolates for a chocolate making class. They will swoon. Guaranteed. (If you are a woman reading this: single men in San Diego probably like chocolate too. Especially if you make it for them.)
San Diego Singles: Great First Date Ideas
Are you one of the heroes who dedicate their lives to courage, commitment and often long crazy hours of work? Then you probably belong to the San Diego singles who don’t have much time coming up with great date ideas.
When it comes to first dates you should keep it relaxed - go to a place you both feel comfortable with. The more relaxed you both feel, the easier the conversation will flow. As you only know each other’s online selves it will take some time to get used to chatting in real life, so don’t worry if the chemistry isn’t there right off the bat. Let it take some time.
A good place for a first date is a bar or coffee shop - nothing too romantic, but also something a bit more exciting than your local Starbucks. Places in San Diego that are great for first dates include:
- The lobby or rooftop at the W Hotel
- One of the bars at the Manchester Grand Hyatt
- Altitude Sky Lounge
- RoofTop600 at the Andaz Hotel
- Georges At The Cove
- Wine Steals
- Bistro Sixty
- 57 Degrees
- Wet Stone Wine Bar & Cafe
- Splash Wine Lounge & Bistro
- Cafe Bassam
San Diego Dating: Restaurants for Date Nights
If you’ve found yourself a date on UniformDating (which we all know by now is the dating site San Diego has been waiting for!) and gotten to know them in our San Diego chat room or over the phone you need to start planning the dates to come. Some will probably be more creative than others, starting with the traditional coffee or drink to check for chemistry and then upping the ante from there.
- For a cozy (and cheap) date night in San Diego, check out The Pearl Hotel’s Dive-In Theatre. Yes, you got that right - dive-in. It’s on the rooftop, by the pool and it’s for free. We don’t necessarily recommend you dive-in though.
- Like a stroll in the garden? Head to Mission Hills and Edna and Alex Harper's hillside topiary garden, which is filled with giant growing statues. You’ll see what we mean.
- If you are dating a history buff, go to Heritage Park Victorian Village to see how they lived in the (g)olden days.
- Love music? How about some real Chicago blues from Stoney B at the Gaslamp? And the only thing that will cost you are the cocktails.
Online Chat Rooms for People in San Diego
Why do you need an online chat room on a dating site you might ask yourself? You could just wink at someone and if they wink back, start messaging them? Of course, that’s what’s most people do. But chatting is more like having a conversation, whilst messaging is akin to letters, or texts.
Many people prefer chatting with someone online before handing out their private phone number, or meeting them in real life. And some actually hate phone calls! Likewise, others aren’t good with the written word and prefer to call someone after just one message.
We’re all different. You have to find the method of communication you like best. We’re here to facilitate it, so we offer chat rooms for all our uniformed professionals.
So what are you waiting for? Go find yourself a fireman (or woman), doctor, nurse, or police officer today and start chatting!