How to Date a Doctor
As people of compassion, hard work, and integrity, it’s no surprise that people are always looking to date doctors. There are few more eligible professionals out there, but with such a demanding job and erratic hours dating a doctor comes with its own challenges. That’s why we have put together a doctor dating guide to help give you the advice you need to make the most of dating a doctor. Take a look:
- Offer what other doctors can’t: It hardly needs said that a medical career is a difficult one and sometimes seems all consuming, so it helps if you can offer something different to remind them that there’s more to life than medicine.
- Be a good listener: As much as anyone working in medicine won’t want to take work home every day, there will still be times when you need to demonstrate your listening skills, as chances are your day in the office wasn’t quite as stressful as theirs!
- Be prepared to re-evaluate when the weekend is: There’s a good chance that when dating a doctor you’re going to have to accept that the 9-5 rules don’t apply. This might mean that the romantic meal you’re planning or that big night out might have to be on a Tuesday instead.
Reasons to Date a Single Doctor
- They’re smart – you’ll never want for stimulating conversation again. You’ll also be a dab hand at the doctor “lingo” before you know it!
- They’re hard to gross out – the less said about that the better!
- They’re problem solvers – it’s their job to get to the bottom of things and to fix problems, and these disciplines stretch beyond medicine.
- They’re medically trained – when you’re together you’ll always be with someone who has a cool head in an emergency. Though don’t expect 24-hour medical care when they’re off duty!
- They’re busy - while the long hours can be tough, it does give you plenty of time to yourself. This can let you follow your passions in your own time, or pursue your own demanding career.
- They know how to listen – it’s part of any doctor’s job to pay attention and to be empathetic, not to mention that anyone getting into medicine is more likely to be compassionate by nature anyway.
Doctors Dating Site
From long shifts to irregular hours, it can often feel that as single doctors, you just don’t have the time to meet new people. But fear not, we are here to help. We know that dating with a medical career can be difficult, that’s one of the main reasons we created UniformDating in the first place – to make sure people with busy work schedules had a place to meet, and those who wanted to find people like you, knew exactly where to look.Often when you work unsociable hours, the best dating tactic is to just keep it simple. If you have a long shift tomorrow or if you’re on call, you don’t want to make complicated plans that you’ll feel bad about cancelling. So take our doctor dating advice and have a look at these suggestions for a fun and low-key date idea:
- Take in the sunrise: Enjoy an early morning walk and watch the sun rise. It’s even more romantic than the sunset and because it’s so early, you’ll most likely be alone!
- Have a picnic: Days off during the week can be a great advantage when you’re dating, as the town is usually much quieter. Take advantage of this and pack a hamper for a delightful date in the park.
- Go shopping: Take a relaxed weekday walk around the shops and miss the weekend throngs. A shopping date can be great fun, and it’s a lovely laid-back way to get to know each other better.
Date Any Type Of Doctor You Like!
You can change your life by meeting a smart and caring person, and who better to help you do this than a single doctor? Cure your loneliness with one of these candidates for your heart:
- Start dating a Surgeon or Neurosurgeon, they are hard to find in bars and pubs and we know it. They are careful, reliable and do good things daily. And we have them here – hurry up and meet yours!
- Plastic Surgeon – the most rare of specimens, they are responsible, attentive and brave. Get in and pick one for yourself.
- Seeking a Gynecologist? We have plenty, and they are too busy to seek a partner in real life, help them to find you, register and start chatting.
- Dating a Chiropractor can be challenging, they are strong and tender and will give you a massage from time to time. But don't push it!
- Dating a Cardiologist can help you live longer, and we can help you to find one not just for your health but for love! Isn't it awesome when your mate is a hero who saves lives? Come and get yours.
- Dating a Radiologist can be stressful, but their work is full of employer benefits, including better staff remuneration, insurance and other things that make your life better. Such a partner is perfect for a lasting relationship and marriage.
Don't be afraid to spend some days alone, dating a doctor means you'll get a chance to successfully combine your personal life and hobbies and have enough time for yourself! Browse the profiles of professionals at Uniformdating and find one you’d like to date or spend your life with.
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.