Dating A Firefighter
Tips For Dating A Firefighter
As one of the most heroic professions out there, it should come as no shock that firefighters remain one of the most desirable groups of uniformed professionals around. However, once you peel back the stereotypes you will soon realise that it’s a job like any other with its own unique dating challenges.
With that in mind, what do you need to know if you’re looking do date a fireman? Well, our dating gurus have decided to see what they could do to help and have come up with a handy guide to give you some insight into what you will need to keep in mind when dating a firefighter.
- They can be on call for days at a time. So when you’re starting out, try not to worry about a couple of days wait between texts!
- Remember firefighting is a stressful job, risking life and limb is all in a day’s work. So why not keep it light at first before you delve deeper into the day-to-day aspects of the job.
- Learn not to worry: While it is a dangerous profession, the majority of a firefighter's life isn’t dealing with raging infernos. They aren't putting themselves in harm’s way every day, so try to remember that and relax!
Why Date a Firefighter?
- They know safety - so your home will be fire hazard free before too long!
- They’re in good shape - due to the physical demands of the job, firemen have to keep very fit. Only problem is, you might have to start hitting the gym to keep up!
- They drive a fire engine – let’s be honest, who doesn't want a ride in one of those?
- They work long shifts – while this can be tough, it does mean that they can also be free for days at a time, giving you uninterrupted time together.
Single Firefighter Dating
If you’re a single firefighter looking to kindle a new romance it can be tricky given your schedule. That said, we like to think we know a thing or two about dating for those with unsocial shifts, and have come up with some tips and advice to ensure that you won't be a single firefighter for long:
- Your glamorous job will no doubt impress your date, but it’s important to remember to take an interest in what they do too.
- Don’t be too afraid to show off. Don’t get too carried away, but remember that what you do is important and your date will no doubt be interested in the stories you have to tell.
- It can be tricky when your days off clash with your date’s. Why not take the time to prepare a little mid-week romance, whether it's a romantic dinner or something a little more original?
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.