How to Date a Police Officer
Having an image of responsibility, authority, and integrity means that police officers number amongst the most sought-after professions to date. Sure, most members of the force work long and tiring shifts – but with a bit of thought, these long shifts can even work to the advantage of a fledgling relationship. Our dating experts have put together a police dating guide to give a helping hand to both police officers looking for a date as well as those looking to date them.
- Tuesday is the new Saturday: Bear in mind that police officers work topsy-turvy hours, so your date might fall on a week day rather than at the weekend.
- Calming influence: Remember that police officers often have to deal with stressful situations, involving human emotion. This is where you can come in, showing them that there's more to life than being on the beat.
- Listening skills: These will come in handy when dating a police officer, especially if your date has had a trying day. A listening ear will be always be useful to improve your powers of empathy.
Reasons to Date a Police Officer
- They’re typically fit people - having to pass a fitness test before joining the force they tend to look after themselves.
- Police officers are usually punctual and tidy people - having to be sticklers for routine. Chances are, they could be earlier than you for a date so don’t be late!
- They’ll know the law better that you do - parking in certain places on a Saturday anyone? Remember to keep questions to a minimum though.
- Police can look handle themselves - it’s reassuring to know you’re going on date with someone who knows how to react in threatening situations.
- They’re often a good judge of character - after all, it’s what they do for a living. And they might be well-versed at knowing what makes relationships work too.
Police Dating Site Tips
There’s no substitute for planning ahead if you're a police officer looking to date. It goes without saying that you're a very busy professional. Given the fact that your shift pattern might be as nocturnal as a night owl, the best dating strategy is to keep things simple. Seeing as this might not always be at the weekends, have a look at our police dating suggestions to get some inspiration and help you plan some romantic fun:
- Take in a weekday film: Why? The cinema is less likely to be packed with people during the day, and you might get a cheaper deal. It could be a good way to unwind.
- Slap-up brekkie/lunch: The last thing you want to do after a long shift is go home and make breakfast or lunch. Treat him or her to breakfast/lunch at somewhere special.
- Jump on a bike/go for a stroll: Even if your date is not into exercise, a gentle walk or a cycle is a good way to wind down after a long, stressful shift. Likewise, the activity is a pressure-free way to get to know each other!
The True Benefits of Dating a Cop
Of course, dating cops or marrying someone in law enforcement can be tricky, and it sure has many pitfalls. But at the same time, dating a police officer can be a truly rewarding dating experience. The sense of trust and security you acquire is the biggest positive. Most police officers take their work duties very seriously, so you can be sure you will be brought into their fold.
Single cops are usually very busy people, that's true. But if they choose to combine dating you with their job, that's a really meaningful gesture, as it shows their true devotion to you. Also, showing that you appreciate their job can be a big thing for them. When lots of people are concentrating more on their career than settling their private lives, demonstrativeness is revealingly important nowadays.
So, when it comes to dating a cop or dating a female cop, don't wait for too long making up your mind. Just try it. Date a police officer online at our cop dating site. It will be enough for you to see whether it's the kind of dating you are really looking for. We wish you good luck in that!
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.