Ah, the men in uniform — in any uniform… What can we say, there is some kind of magnetism that brings the women to them in droves. If you’re lucky enough to be one of the lucky ones to catch their attention, there are some things that you should know about dating them; both good and bad. Here are 10 things to consider before dating a man in uniform.
- Your Own Personal Eye Candy. You’ve seen the men walking down the street, looking good their uniforms. You’re probably guilty of checking them out as they walk by, and you may even feel like a stalker while doing so. Fortunately for you, when you’re dating a guy in uniform (whatever that uniform may be) you don’t have to feel creepy for checking them out!
- They Are In Shape. Usually a man in uniform is in peak physical condition, mostly because their job requires them to do so. How many military guys do you know run around in 115 degree heat, carrying a heavy pack on their back and still sport a beer belly? Not too many I bet.
- They Have Goals. Generally when a man joins a profession where they are in a uniform, they will naturally have to start at the bottom. The good thing about a man in uniform is that they have goals and aspire to move up within the ranks—whatever ranks they may be.
- Uber-Masculine Men. Every now and then, a woman just wants to be taken care of, even if she can take care of herself. Men in uniform have no problem doing this, as they generally ooze testosterone!
- Passionate About Their Career. It’s always refreshing to date someone who is as passionate about their career as you are about yours. This passion for their career translates into their personal life because, in all honesty, they don’t know if today will be their last—because the jobs that require uniforms tend to have some dangers involved. So if you want a passionate man, the uniformed guy is for you!
- Dangerous Jobs. You know how the uniformed guy is passionate about his job, even though it has some dangers involved? Those dangers are very real and there may be nights where he comes home late and you are worried if he is safe.
- They Are Too Dominate. The down side of the uniformed guy oozing with testosterone is that he may not want to take a back seat and let you share in some of the responsibilities. Some uniformed men may feel like it’s their way or the highway; and for strong women, this could be a big problem.
- They Live in their Uniform. We get it, your uniform is like second skin to you. But, do you really have to wear it all the time? Your army fatigues are hot, yes… But do you really have to wear them everywhere you go?
- Erratic Schedules. No matter the profession, a uniformed man’s job will never give them a steady schedule. Either they are on call or they get deployed for weeks on end, there are going to be days you are alone. You’re just going to have to get used to it.
- Bigger Work Problems. Yeah, you may have had to spend all day in a meeting that had nothing to do with you, which put you behind in your work and caused you to have a bad day. But, until you are in a car chase down a busy highway or are fighting a four alarm fire, you may not want to complain too much about your job. Chances are he won’t be too interested in your bad day.