Dating with Brisbane Singles
Brisbane is a big city and like any big city filled with singles. Like any big city people also tend to group together and stick to certain parts of town. If you want to meet someone outside your circle of friends and don’t fancy going partying every weekend to try to find a date in Brisbane, online dating offers a simple solution. Here are some pros for online dating:
- No need to get dressed up. You can sit in your PJs eating ice cream and watching Netflix whilst browsing singles, or chatting to potential dates. Clear winner for nights when you’re tired.
- It costs less than going out each weekend to try to meet someone in Brisbane.
- It’s fun. Think of it like a masquerade ball - you get to know the person before you see their face in real life.
- You find A LOT of Brisbane singles in one place. A lot more than you would in any one bar, that’s for sure!
For Singles: Brisbane Dating
So you’ve decided to find love in Brisbane. And you are thinking to join the dating scene to hopefully find love a lot faster (and easier). Great. There are some universal tips for how to find love online though, which apply whether you live in Brisbane, Sydney or Los Angeles. Below you find some of the main tips.
- Use photos on your profile; a few different ones that show you are doing things you love.
- Avoid using bathroom selfies as people will wonder why you aren’t showing photos from real life as opposed to, well, your bathroom.
- Talk about what you want in you profile as opposed to what you don’t want.
- Avoid cliche statements like “I like going out but I also like staying in with a movie.” Add details. Make it specific. Show some personality!
- If you aren’t a natural born writer have two friends review it before posting.
Date Ideas: Brisbane’s Romantic Side
Single men and single women in Brisbane often ask us what’s a good first date? Our tip is to keep it simple. Remember it’s really a first meeting. Choose a place where you’re both comfortable and keep the meeting short and sweet. A teaser. Bars, coffee shops and wine bars are great. Even ice cream shops! Brisbane dating is filled with plenty of opportunities for great first dates. Below you find some ideas that will hopefully tickle your fancy.
- John Mills (coffee shop)
- Brew (coffee shop which turns into a bar some nights)
- Strauss FD (wine and cocktail bar)
- Lefty’s Old Time Music Hall (bar with ambience!)
- The Kitty (bar)
- Chocolateria San Churro (as the name suggests it’s a chocolaterie)
- Lyme’s Hotel Rooftop Bar (which is - you guessed it - a rooftop bar. There’s something to be said for a view!)