How to meet Cambridge singles
As ancient university cities go, Cambridge is up there with its rival, Oxford, with the amount of rich history and romance between its centuries-old colleges. With a student population nearing 19,000, there is always a plentiful number of Cambridge singles to meet. Dating in Cambridge is inspired by the variety of its venues, sites, and activities. Read our Cambridge dating guide to learn more.
Top Cambridge Dates
When it comes to date ideas, Cambridge is brimming with choice. From crowning spires, classic pubs, and bustling bistros, there’s no need to toss a coin to decide here are our top Cambridge dates to help you on the road to romance.
- Follow in the footsteps of ancient alumni by wondering around the Great Court at Trinity College. It is the ideal place to start soaking in the city's history and architecture
- As with Oxford, one of Cambridge’s more adventurous pastimes is punting. A great place to start is Scudamore’s Punting, here you'll get the opportunity to enjoy a tour of the city at your own pace.
- A great way to take in the city and avoid achy feet is to take a City-Sightseeing bus. The red hop-on, hop-off open top bus stops at 21 places all over the city.
- Meet under the ‘old gas lamp’, and go for a stroll in amongst Parker's Piece. Known as the 'Reality Checkpoint' by the students, it is supposed to mark the point where cosy college life meets the town proper.
- Impress your date: Accompany him or her on a treasure hunt around famous city centre landmarks through an organised tour or make one yourself. In occasional clues, ask each other questions so you find out more about each other.
- To take the pressure off the ‘small talk’, why not go and listen to a band or take in some comedy at the Cambridge Junction? The venue is also a mecca for theatre and dance. And it will give you both plenty to chat about.
Romantic Restaurants in Cambridge
Whether you’re looking for Cambridge University dating or are a local out to meet new people, the city has plenty of places to eat no matter whether you want an intimate date or a more relaxed meeting. Here’s our hand-picked selection of the best romantic restaurants in Cambridge:
- For a date with a touch of class, try the Galleria Restaurant. Located off Magdalene Street, Cambridge daters will love the two balconies overlooking the River Cam.
- Another restaurant with amazing views is the The Varsity Roof Terrace. As its name suggests, the venue offers a stunning panorama of the historic city centre, not to mention a delicious 28-day aged fillet steak!
- We're sure singles in Cambridge will love the Missing Sock. This quirky venue may not offer intimate romance, but it certainly offers a great atmosphere and tasty food.