As Scotland's largest city you’ll never have a shortage of dating activities to enjoy in Glasgow. With its vibrant clashes of culture in the city centre and rich arts scene throughout, Glasgow dating offers more than just a trip to the pub and a fish supper.
Here at Uniform Dating we've hand-picked recommendations perfect for locals to try. From romantic eateries to walks in its most romantic parks, it’s our job to bring Glasgow singles together. So create your free profile with us today and test out your Glesga patter.
Date Ideas Glasgow
Don't be tempted to just follow the classic date formula. Whether you want to take in the great (rainy) outdoors or be a part of the city's fantastic music scene, dating options in Glasgow offer something for everyone. Check out these suggestions from Uniform Dating, and make sure you have a date to remember:
- All Glaswegians are familiar with the Clockwork Orange. Love it, hate it or just plain don't use it, the subway will get your date talking. Why not try the infamous Glasgow Subcrawl and visit landmarks instead of pubs?
- Science Centre: nestled on the banks of the Clyde, this interactive museum has plenty to keep you both entertained. Perfect for science geeks, your inner child will thank you for visiting!
- It's not called “Dear Green Place” for nothing. The city's many beautiful parks are perfect for an arm-in-arm walk to take in some nature. Try Queen's Parkand visit the romantic poetry rose garden.
- It's crazy, it's a Glasgow legend, and it's the clubbing playground of the city's music makers. Subclub is a must-do if you and your date are serious party animals. Still going strong 25 years on, this is the perfect place for a late-night date in Glasgow.
- Riverside Museum: the reincarnation of the childhood-favourite Transport Museum, this new museum has plenty to see and do. Talk a walk along the hugely popular historic Glasgow street scene – a great conversation starter!
- Fancy A Play, A Pie and A Pint? Oran Mor's lunchtime theatre gives these three Glesga classics a fresh twist. Why not visit this then take a look at the nearby Botanic Gardens?
Romantic Restaurants in Glasgow
You can’t go wrong in a city with Glasgow’s reputation for fine dining. We've chosen the best of the best from the romantic restaurants in the city, so no matter your budget you’re set to impress with the choice of these great eateries. Be careful though – some of these places are a tough act to follow!
- Bistro Du Vin: romantic French dining in the iconic One Devonshire Gardens – a rare treat!
- Ubiquitous Chip: situated in Ashton Lane, this restaurant specialises in delicious Scottish cuisine
- Rogano: Glasgow's jazziest restaurant with original Art Deco décor and sumptuous seafood spread
- Nanakusa: Authentic Japanese dining in the city's “gig district” - grab a bite before you see a show