Dating in Oxford
Oxford, known as the seat of learning – a multicultural place where the flower of youth go to study, party or simply enjoy its spacious and quiet streets. This ancient city has all the romantic temptations you need from slow romantic walks along the river, to a lively nightlife.
From academia to eccentricity, the city of dreaming spires is bustling with students and working professionals from all walks of life, all of which helps create a unique dating scene. So, if you’re into old-world architecture, unmatched history and a vibrant social scene, why not immerse yourself in our Oxford dating guide.
Oxford date ideas
With its cavernous campuses, riverside walks and romantic parks, Oxford has a wealth of fantastic options for daters looking to get to know each other. Here are some of our Oxford date ideas to help get you started.
- For some laughter with extra resonance, visit Oxford’s Ice Rink. It’s a great ice-breaker and will give you both plenty to laugh about over a drink afterwards.
- Try the Covered Market for some retail therapy. Enjoying perusing the artisan goods and high-quality fresh produce. After that, you could head to Moo-Moos for a delicious milkshake.
- Tour one of the many colleges. You might be a resident – but they’re easy to take for granted, so take your date on one of many Oxford university tours.
- What better way to enjoy the sights of Oxford than by taking a punting trip. Have a look at this Guide to Punting in Oxford to find out the dos and don’ts.
- Take in some history by taking a walk up Carfax Tower. This 14th Century building offers great views of the city, and is a great budget option for a date.
- Enjoy a stroll down Magdalen College’s Addison’s Walk, and follow in the footsteps of luminaries such as, C.S Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Oscar Wilde and T.E. Lawrence.
Romantic restaurants in Oxford
No matter whether you want a bustling eatery for a casual date, or a classy restaurant for something more intimate, Oxford has numerous establishments that fit the bill. Here’s our selection of romantic restaurants in Oxford that’ll make your mouth water.
- Visit The Perch on Binsey Lane. Located along the Thames Coast Path, a date in Oxford would be incomplete without a visit to this 17th century pub. We recommend the Butcher’s Board of smoked goose and ham hock terrine!
- For a quick food-fix before heading out for a late night, try the Red Star Noodle Bar on the Cowley Road, offering scrumptious bento boxes and noodle soups.
- Pop into the Cherwell Boathouse on the Thames. Its idyllic name says it all: This riverside venue offers the quintessential Oxford date.
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.